My photo
Make-up Artist, Hair Stylist and Published Beauty Writer. Contact- hannah_ellen@live.co.uk - 07825581748 - @MissHannahEllen on twitter.

Thursday 14 January 2010

Jodie - Kirsty Doyle A/W 09 look.



Kirsty wanted to keep the makeup natural but with a little drama around the eyes, and as you can see, this is exactly what I have done, and this is how:

Face- Keeping the face fresh looking is the key to this look, I moisturised and primed Jodie's skin before I started then followed with a concealer, a little under the eyes, on the eye lids, around the nose and on any other imperfections. After this I applied a light/ medium coverage foundation all over the face to even out the skintone and give a flawless looking finish. I set the foundation with a TINY amount of translucent powder as I did not want the look to be completely matte, just a natural looking finish with no shine.

Eyes- I primed the eye with a cream eyeshadow in a skintone colour. The key getting the eyes right is blending so I used a fluffy style brush and a mid to dark, warm brown eyeshadow to shade the socket of the eye bringing it down to the outer edge of the eye, blending well to give a very diffused natural looking deposit of colour. On the lid I swept over a pale gold lightly, for a very subtle finish. On the lower lash line I used the same brown colour and put a touch of the same pale gold on the very inner corners to open up the eyes. Finished with brown mascara to keep it super natural.


Cheeks- I used no colour on the apples of the cheeks at all, but did contour with a warm brown blush to bring out the cheekbones even further.


Lips- To keep the lips natural but defined I used Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream then worked the pale gold eyeshadow into the centre of the bottom lip and highlighted the cupids bow on the top lip.

Thanks for looking,

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment